 Administrative / NNTP / 63
    Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet —Steve Borden
   I'm having some trouble getting the tin newsreader to work properly with lugnet. If I subscribe to more than two groups, tin will hang indefinitely during startup during the "Reading groups from newsrc file..." phase: tin 1.4 release 19991113 ("No (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet —Todd Lehman
     (...) What does trn (for example) do when you run the same .newsrc file with it? I wonder if it's corrupt? (Just a thought, since you said that tin hangs when reading groups from it...) --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet —Todd Lehman
   (...) Steve, Another thing to try: Rename (back up) your .newsrc file to something like .newsrc.xyz and then re-run tin and let it load up everything starting from scratch... If it works there when you subscribe to multiple newsgroups (it worked for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

        Re: Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet —Steve Borden
   Todd, I tried both trn and slrn on a .newsrc file that tin wouldn't read. They handled it just fine. I've also tried deleting and re-creating .newsrc several times, as well as subscribing to different sets of groups, to see if that would have any (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)