 Administrative / NNTP / 63
62  |  64
Subject:
Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:46:02 GMT

I'm having some trouble getting the tin newsreader to work
properly with lugnet.  If I subscribe to more than two groups, tin will
hang indefinitely during startup during the "Reading groups from newsrc
file..." phase:

tin 1.4 release 19991113 ("No Labels") [UNIX] (c) Copyright 1991-99 Iain Lea.
Connecting to lugnet.com...
OK.
Reading input history file...
Reading groups from active file.../
Reading groups from newsrc file...
[Never gets past this point]

Everything works fine, however, if I only subscribe to two groups or fewer.
Also, there is no problem with tin when using my ISP's local Usenet server
or several remote Usenet servers that I've tried.
Has anyone else experienced this or know what the problem might be?

Appreciate any feedback,
Steve Borden
sborden@mdc.net