 Administrative / NNTP / 64
Re: Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 03:02:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Steve Borden writes:
I'm having some trouble getting the tin newsreader to work
properly with lugnet.  If I subscribe to more than two groups, tin will
hang indefinitely during startup during the "Reading groups from newsrc
file..." phase:
[...]
Has anyone else experienced this or know what the problem might be?

What does trn (for example) do when you run the same .newsrc file with it?
I wonder if it's corrupt?  (Just a thought, since you said that tin hangs
when reading groups from it...)

--Todd