 Administrative / NNTP / 65
Re: Problem with Unix tin and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 03:14:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Steve Borden writes:
[...]
Connecting to lugnet.com...
OK.
Reading input history file...
Reading groups from active file.../
Reading groups from newsrc file...
[Never gets past this point]

Everything works fine, however, if I only subscribe to two groups or fewer.
[...]

Steve,
Another thing to try:  Rename (back up) your .newsrc file to something like
.newsrc.xyz and then re-run tin and let it load up everything starting from
scratch...  If it works there when you subscribe to multiple newsgroups (it
worked for me when I just tried it with 5 random groups), then it's probably
something wrong or corrupt with your configuration, which would be a good
sign because then it's something that can probably be fixed or worked around
easily.

--Todd

p.s.  The tin on my system reports itself (tin -V) as pre-1.4 release
19990517 -- earlier than the one you were running.  Probably not much help.