 Administrative / NNTP / 50
Re: Setting the From: header in slrn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:42:47 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
or, you could do it that way, too.  :)  any idea how to change
the messageid header?
I dunno.  I think that the nntp server has final authority on that, but I'm
still catching up on my nntp know-how...
Don't mess with the Message-ID header.

Wasn't planning to.  :-,  IIRC, the server would throw away a bogus Message-ID
header, wouldn't it?

Cheers,
- jsproat

Uh, two.  Including this one.