 Administrative / NNTP / 49
Re: Sig probs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 04:30:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Shiri Dori writes:
OK, well, I thought this was supposed to work after all the testing I did
*last* week... (the "apple ignore berry" thread?)

It's possible that you may have done some testing last week which appeared to
have worked but which didn't really work (that is, it shouldn't have appeared
to work).  The "Brief" mode had a bug in its collapser regex where it wasn't
requiring the "-- " to be alone on a line -- it was being too lenient and
recognizing things as sigs that weren't sigs.

But nooooo... it seems that my fig refuses to disappear from the brief mode.
Anyone know why?

Yup -- you're not writing a sig -- you're writing something else similar to
a sig but not a sig.  :)

A proper sig line delimiter consists of two hyphens followed by a space
character -- with nothing else on the line.

--
Todd Lehman  |  lehman@fibblesnork.com  |  http://www.fibblesnork.com/