 Administrative / NNTP / 482
Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:53:07 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:

This move doesn't tell LEGO to leave Lugnet completely.  It asks them to
restrict their activities to a certain portion of the server.  They can still
post *any* information they want to there.  So, I ask you:  How does this move
harm "anyone", or the community?

Examples have been given. That you choose to ignore them is your choice but
doesn't change what reality actually is.

Switching identities is a PITA. Try it.

So the net effect of this new rule is that when an answer to a question
asked in a theme group is known it won't be given in the group where it
belongs, if it's given at all. And now we have to go through the rigamarole
of copying it over to the group where it belongs. What a waste of time and
effort.

You say "Not every TLC employee is an AFOL". Duh. (1)  But the people from
LD who post here *are* AFOLs and it is a sad day when LUGNET makes it hard
for them to *be* AFOLs.

++Lar

1 - Don't I know it. I flamed about one that I encountered at LIC MOA and I
know there are lots of other ones, Danes in a lot of cases, who see it as a
job and nothing more.