 Administrative / NNTP / 31 (-20)
  Re: Skip filter settings; something wrong

(...) OK, so lemme get this straight: When you visit this URL: (URL) see lugnet.loc.au in the left-hand column, yet when you visit, for example, this URL: (URL) don't see the message in the middle posted to lugnet.loc.au by Richard Parsons? --Todd (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Skip filter settings; something wrong

(...) Left. (...) Already did. I reboot my computer approximately once-twice a day, and I tried the setting a few days ago already. So, yeah. -Shiri (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Skip filter settings; something wrong

(...) When you visit (URL) half of the page does lugnet.loc.au show up on (left or right)? What happens when you shut down your browser, reboot, and restart your browser, and revisit that page? Does it still show lugnet.loc.au in the same place? (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Skip filter settings; something wrong

(...) Ha! More proof that there is some anti-Australia Lego conspiracy going on. They've gotten to Todd! Well, that's what everyone in .au always seem to be saying anyway. :) Ben Roller (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Skip filter settings; something wrong

(Yes yes, I know, this is .admin.nntp, but like Frank mentioned, it seems better to post here than to .admin.general.) Something is wrong with my skip-filter settings. I set them to ignore .loc, except for some specific groups. But it doesn't show (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: having problems

(...) Yes, positive. (...) I see a message from you in the dead-articles file on the server. It was rejected because of a 'From:' header mismatch -- looks like you put in your email address but you accidentally omitted you name. In Rossz's case, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: having problems

Todd- Are you sure the problem is on her end? Both Rossz Vamos-Wentworth and I have had problems sending mail to the robotics.rcx.legos newsgroup this morning. I'm sending from a different client (though the e-mail address is still correct) so that (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: having problems

(...) There is no confirmation code associated with posting messages. Perhaps you are confusing posting with receiving? (There is a confirmation code on signing up for news-by-mail delivery.) What did you fill out in the news-posting setup form? (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  having problems

Todd, Scream at me if you have to, if I have posted this message to the wrong place. I am unable to post a new message to lugnet.loc.au. I have entered my confirmation code, but nothing has happened. What have I forgotten to do, or what am I doing (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Web interface suggestion

(...) While we are talking dat, two things: 1. Why can they not be mailed as attachments? 2. Is it possible for the dat file to be shown comiplied on the web interface? Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Web interface suggestion

Not sure if this belongs in general or in nntp (it seems like lugnet.admin.technical or somesuch might have been a better newsgroup, keeping admin.general for non-technical operational questions). I was just replying to a post with a DAT file in it, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Derek Nold - noldd@adsmachinery.com

(...) Strictly speaking, NNTP servers don't send email. It's possible you're receiving e-mail from the SMTP server gatewayed with the NNTP server. (...) Hmm, I don't see any email addresses at 'adsmachinery.com' or anything matching 'nold' (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Derek Nold - noldd@adsmachinery.com

I am the person responsible for email accounts at adsmachinery.com. The email account, noldd@adsmachinery.com no longer exists. It seems that your nntp server is sending a large volume of email to noldd@adsmachinery.com possibly due to the fact that (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Streaming news client (Java) on Sourceforge

(...) Here's a breakdown of the user-defined preferences: userName - the user name you post with on LUGNET default: "Your Name Here" userEmail - the e-mail address you post with on LUGNET default: "your@email.address" userOrg - the Organization you (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Streaming news client (Java) on Sourceforge

Hey all, I've made semi-huge changes to my streaming news client. This new release is 0.2 Beta. (1) New stuff includes: - You can post without needing a browser; this app will use the HTTP interface for now. - More user-defined preferences, (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  (canceled)

  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) I'm using the HTTP interface, since there is support for that protocol in the official Java libs. There is no "official" NNTP lib for Java, though there is a 3rd-party lib I will be evaluating when time permits. Then again, a minimalist NNTP (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) Well, I'm actually doing it through HTTP. Todd's point about NNTP being simpler (1) has a lot of merit (and I've always wanted to write my own), but there is no standard (2) NNTP lib for Java that I know of. Not that the protocol is extremely (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) cool! just wondering, are you posting through the mail interface (like I do), or is it through NNTP? (...) very cool :) I'm a bit delayed in the cleaning up past (I hate it when work gets in the way!) (...) Sure, go ahead - I don't have a (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,

(...) ok, I'll ask for myself then - is it ok if I do call it LugnetReader? Since it's currently very lugnet specific, and I have no plans of expanding it further? It _can_ be done, just needs the nntp interface module written for it... But I've no (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact