 Administrative / NNTP / 12
Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 15:20:06 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In slightly unrelated news, I *really* need a small-ish catchy name for this
app, and I frankly can't come up with anything decent.  I am
eagerly entertaining suggestions.  "Lugnetreader" is my preference, but it's
taken.  (2)  Would Java Lugnetreader ruffle any feathers?  Dan?

Hmm.  Well, hmm, I think there some things to bear in mind...  First, LUGNET
and JAVA are trademarks, so I think you'll want to seek permission to use
those before releasing a software package with one of those in the title.
Second, it's possible (although I haven't looked at the code in-depth to
confirm) that your reader might actually not be LUGNET-pecific.  LUGNET is a
community based on a software package in development with a current working
title of "Fibblesnork" (but that name isn't written in stone).  If/when all
or parts of underlying software is released, it may go out under that name
or a different name (but in any case it definitely wouldn't go out under the
LUGNET name).

ok, I'll ask for myself then - is it ok if I do call it LugnetReader?  Since it's
currently very lugnet specific, and I have no plans of expanding it further?
It _can_ be done, just needs the nntp interface module written for it...  But
I've no interest in that.

Should I look for another name?

:)

Dan