 Administrative / NNTP / 9
8  |  10
Subject:
Almost there...almost there... :-,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 01:25:59 GMT

Well, I finally got my streaming news client able to reply to messages (1) on
LUGNET.  It turns out I didn't need cookies after all!

...But then I vagualy remembered that this fact was mentioned in the past, but
I haven't been able to find the article.  For the sake of warm fuzzies, does
anyone know where it might be?

In related news, I'm almost ready to release the next revision of my client.  I
just need to work out a few GUI gotchas and clean up some hard-coded strings.
Wow, cool!  :-,

In slightly unrelated news, I *really* need a small-ish catchy name for this
app, and I frankly can't come up with anything decent.  I am
eagerly entertaining suggestions.  "Lugnetreader" is my preference, but it's
taken.  (2)  Would Java Lugnetreader ruffle any feathers?  Dan?

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  But not to post new messages; i.e. starting a thread.  Which would be
trivial to implement.  But since this app is mostly reactive rather than
proactive, that is responding to items in a news stream rather than being a
full-featured news reader, should I put it in?  Arg.

2.  As with anything else creative, it's the obvious choice only after someone
else comes up with it.  ;-)