 Administrative / NNTP / 11
Re: Almost there...almost there... :-,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 03:51:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

1.  But not to post new messages; i.e. starting a thread.  Which would be
trivial to implement.  But since this app is mostly reactive rather than
proactive, that is responding to items in a news stream rather than being a
full-featured news reader, should I put it in?  Arg.

I vote no.

Since I just bought the dao of pooh (an excellent book that I read long ago but
just never owned), perhaps a few quotes from the sages of our craft?

"inside every large clumsy program is a small elegant one struggling to break
free" which is a paraphrase of one of my favorite Comp Sci quotes, and "do one
thing and do it well" which is the unix utility mantra...

++Lar