 Administrative / NNTP / 266 (-20)
  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Ah yes, more confusion. Excellent question. If there were a good, standard, intuitive word for "I want to get rid of this," then I think that could certainly stand to do double duty for both .forsale and .swap. I'd hate to see excessive (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I would recommend 1 new group: lugnet.lego.rant/rave since I think they are best given the same weight and mostly because I fear people saying "compare the number of posts in rant v. rave and see how much Lego stinks now." We know that people (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Todd: (...) Why not. (...) Probably a good idea. Your arguments for it make sense. (...) I don't really read the market groups, but if it makes it easier to get people to keep market posts in the market groups, them I am all for the change. (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

* Delete lugnet.market.auction and lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and replace these with lugnet.market.forsale, lugnet.market.wanted, and lugnet.market .swap? Why or why not? If you listed some sets you have for sale, and then put "willing to sell or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Thanks Todd for giving us the opputunity to have input into this. I think .Rant is a good idea but would want people to be able to include probelms with specific sellers/buyers in .Marketplace so that the whole Marketplace community are aware (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'd like to kick off a discussion about the current state of the newsgroup structure here -- missing groups, unnecessary, groups, annoyingly or confusingly named groups, etc. The goal of this discussion is to come away with a list of practical (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

  Re: Animefringe: Macross in the key of LEGO

(...) Actually (technically, that is), you didn't... The first message said "I go burned out..." and the second one said "I got burned out..." In other words, even though the web posting interface does some checks to weed out accidental duplicate (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Change in e-mail address

(...) Thanks, Todd! (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New Bulk Ordering Newsgroup?

(...) James, could you give some examples of non-marketplace bulk ordering topics? Do you mean things like selection, quantities, colors, wish lists, etc., or things like speculation, excitement, etc.? (...) Once upon a time there was a thread about (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  New newsgroup lugnet.build.ancient

lugnet.build.ancient has also now been added. New info below... (...) -> lugnet.build.ancient (group): Ancient settings: creations, ideas, architecture, peoples, history, etc. (...) news://lugnet.com/lu...ld.ancient or (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Change in e-mail address

(...) That's a setting in your newsreader...refer to its docs. To ask the LUGNET NNTP server to being accepting messages from you from a new or different address, simply fill out the news-posting setup form again with your new address: (URL) to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: HTML links via web interface?

(...) Figures..., I'm always a little slow out of the gate ;] Well thanx for cluing me in, KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Problem with followups

(...) Yup, it was sent in through the news-by-mail gateway. (...) It does map Reply-To: to Followup-To: and vice-versa, but it's possible that Alan said Reply-To-All or some other reply option which caused the Reply-To to be ignored when he (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Problem with followups

This reply to a post of mine: (URL) to have been posted from a mail reply. Does that properly handle followups or did Alan specifically crosspost back to lugnet.lego.direct? I guess I also need to try and write more clearly since Alan basically just (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: HTML links via web interface?

(...) The second one...with the enclosing <>. (...) It's just some magic code in the web interface (not in the NNTP server) when you view a message. The raw message still contains exactly what you typed -- it just gets displayed specially. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: HTML links via web interface?

(...) G'day Todd, You mean all he had to type was this?: [posted without enclosing <>] set:6949 Robo Guardian [posted with enclosing <>] <set:6949 Robo Guardian> I pasted that from the link you gave. How does that create a link without any kind of (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Unable to post via email.

(...) I'm not sure what the ultimate workaround for this is, but basically, the server is rejecting the mail because the mail transport agent that identifies itself as Internet Mail Service is broken and has caused article-threading problems here in (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Unable to post via email.

I have been trying for a week or two to get posting via email working. It works via the web, but I can not get it to work via mail. I get the followng response: Your message could not be accepted. Response from the news server: 441 Invalid mailer: (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: HTML links via web interface?

(...) text (instead of the link) display in place of the link? No, that's not supported. Here's what the author of the above post wrote, though, if you want to make that type of link: (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  HTML links via web interface?

I was wondering if its possible to post links using the web interface like found in this message: (URL) #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact