 Administrative / NNTP / 251
Re: HTML links via web interface?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 23:34:55 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, "Kyle D. Jackson"
<flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> writes:
I was wondering if its possible to post links using the
web interface like found in this message:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=4051

You mean is it possible to give a generalized http:// link and have other
text (instead of the link) display in place of the link?  No, that's not
supported.  Here's what the author of the above post wrote, though, if you
want to make that type of link:

http://news.lugnet.com/news/raw.cgi?lugnet.technic,4051

--Todd

G'day Todd,

You mean all he had to type was this?:
[posted without enclosing <>] set:6949 Robo Guardian
[posted with enclosing <>] Robo Guardian
I pasted that from the link you gave.  How does that create a link
without any kind of "A HREF=" component?  Is this some kind of magic
code for the LUGNET nntp server that it automatically forms an
link from the set database?  When I view the source for the message
I reference, it contains a normal "HREF=" HTML link.

Please clarify if you have the time.

Thanx,
KDJ

P.S., just saw Suzanne's post---congrats on setting the
Happy Day!  :]

P.P.S., whoa cool!  Upon previewing the message I see this
does work using the web interface!  It didn't the other day,
did you change something?

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada