 Administrative / NNTP / 252
Re: HTML links via web interface?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:18:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
You mean all he had to type was this?:
[posted without enclosing <>] set:6949 Robo Guardian
[posted with enclosing <>] Robo Guardian

The second one...with the enclosing <>.

I pasted that from the link you gave.  How does that create a link
without any kind of "A HREF=" component?  Is this some kind of magic
code for the LUGNET nntp server that it automatically forms an
link from the set database?  When I view the source for the message
I reference, it contains a normal "HREF=" HTML link.

It's just some magic code in the web interface (not in the NNTP server) when
you view a message.  The raw message still contains exactly what you typed
-- it just gets displayed specially.

P.S., just saw Suzanne's post---congrats on setting the
Happy Day!  :]

Thank you!

P.P.S., whoa cool!  Upon previewing the message I see this
does work using the web interface!  It didn't the other day,
did you change something?

It's been in for about a year.

--Todd