 Administrative / NNTP / 254
Re: Problem with followups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:24:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> writes:
This reply to a post of mine:
http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/?n=10168
appears to have been posted from a mail reply.

Yup, it was sent in through the news-by-mail gateway.

Does that properly handle
followups or did Alan specifically crosspost back to lugnet.lego.direct?

It does map Reply-To: to Followup-To: and vice-versa, but it's possible that
Alan said Reply-To-All or some other reply option which caused the Reply-To
to be ignored when he composed/sent his reply.

--Todd