 Administrative / NNTP / 1621 (-10)
  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Well... There are no pending posts for 'dean@earlsoft.co.uk'. What is the spamblocked address Thomas mentioned? (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) I'll give it a go. (ps, this is a multipurpose post to test with :) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

(...) Well, it works on spamblocked e-mail addresses (those set up at posting setup) not the unblocked addresses that people usually think of as their addresses. That is somewhat counter-intuitive. And since I have yet to receive the e-mail that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Authenticating multiple posts at once *beta*

I just finished working a new feature that I think people were asking for. Basically, it's the ability to check and authorize all the posts you have pending with one click. I think it's all done and working, but if you want to try it out, please (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Bug fixed

Just a short note - while working on something else, I ran into a bug I forgot about. When posting to multiple groups via SMTP, the poster would get multiple copies of the authentication message - one for every group posted to - even though any of (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  Re: Is the NNTP daemon dead?

Testing. If this works, then NNTP is working for me. :) Rob "Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message news:IEyDoK.18vE@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Is the NNTP daemon dead?

For some reason the NNTP server isn't responding. Can't post, can't fetch new postings. Anything up? -- Jan-Albert van Ree (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  NNTP access

I have seen several pages on the site listing lugnet.com, as well as news.lugnet.com as the server used for NNTP. They also give port 119 which appears to be closed on both servers. It may be worth correcting/updating these. (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting problem

(...) No, the length wouldn't be the issue. If it's giving you an error message about making sure posting setup has been done, it means the 'From' line was somehow mangled. Unless(!) the webserver was unable to contact the NNTP server in those (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting problem

(...) Todd, The message to which I was replying is: (URL) my reply is: (URL) it's got something to do with the length of the post? The original post I was replying to is quite long, but I had snipped everything... just thinking out loud... Thanks (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact