 Administrative / NNTP / 1612
Re: Posting problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:19:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, James Wilson wrote:
I changed the message format to Plain Text, and it posted fine.

Wow, that is very weird.  Can you give a pointer to the message that did
post correctly?

I've had this kind of problem before, but it seems to be random when it
pops up.

Hmm, that's disturbing.  I wonder if some hidden translation is happening
on the From line somehow/somewhere which is confusing the known-name lookup.
Should be enough information in the logs to diagnose the problem given the
one that succeeded and the timeframe as starting points.

--Todd

Todd,
The message to which I was replying is:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/minifigs/?n=1501
and my reply is:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/minifigs/?n=1503

maybe it's got something to do with the length of the post?  The original post I
was replying to is quite long, but I had snipped everything...  just thinking
out loud...
Thanks for checking it out!
James