 Administrative / NNTP / 1616 (-10)
  Re: Is the NNTP daemon dead?

Testing. If this works, then NNTP is working for me. :) Rob "Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message news:IEyDoK.18vE@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Is the NNTP daemon dead?

For some reason the NNTP server isn't responding. Can't post, can't fetch new postings. Anything up? -- Jan-Albert van Ree (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  NNTP access

I have seen several pages on the site listing lugnet.com, as well as news.lugnet.com as the server used for NNTP. They also give port 119 which appears to be closed on both servers. It may be worth correcting/updating these. (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting problem

(...) No, the length wouldn't be the issue. If it's giving you an error message about making sure posting setup has been done, it means the 'From' line was somehow mangled. Unless(!) the webserver was unable to contact the NNTP server in those (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting problem

(...) Todd, The message to which I was replying is: (URL) my reply is: (URL) it's got something to do with the length of the post? The original post I was replying to is quite long, but I had snipped everything... just thinking out loud... Thanks (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting problem

(...) Wow, that is very weird. Can you give a pointer to the message that did post correctly? (...) Hmm, that's disturbing. I wonder if some hidden translation is happening on the From line somehow/somewhere which is confusing the known-name lookup. (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: anyone else having problems with this group?

(...) By default, Outlook Express dumps old messages from news groups. If you right click on the newgroup, you will get a menu with properties as a choice. Select properties. Select the local file tab and hit the reset button. Then go to the tools (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New Newsgroup Please

(...) OK, just to confirm, you've been using lugnet.robotics for this (not lugnet.robotics.rcx)? I guess what's maybe not generally known is that lugnet.robotics.rcx is actually a newsgroup and not just a hierarchy. Its charter specifically includes (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart

(...) See, that was my thinking too when we were talking about copying MOCs, (as I said elsethread) but when it started to get into more general copyright issues, the zen of stealing things, and suchlike, o-t.d was as good or better a choice. Since (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

  Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart

(...) It is most certainly on-topic for LEGO. It should be in lugnet.market.theory. Followup to lugnet.admin.nntp. (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.admin.nntp, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact