 Administrative / NNTP / 1609
Re: New Newsgroup Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 23:11:23 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dick Swan wrote:
I'd like to create a new robotics newsgroup for the new RCX replacement
firmware. if you agree, can you make this happen please?

Right now, I've been posting on lugnet.robotics but I've had some
feedback about the messages being too long. Apparently not everyone in
the robotics newsgroup is interested.

OK, just to confirm, you've been using lugnet.robotics for this (not
lugnet.robotics.rcx)?

I guess what's maybe not generally known is that lugnet.robotics.rcx is
actually a newsgroup and not just a hierarchy.  Its charter specifically
includes firmware:

   http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/

Would that work for you?

Alternatively, if your firmware project has a name, and you'd like a group/
list specifically for your project, we'd be more than happy to create a
subgroup of lugnet.robotics.rcx for it, alongside the other projects, since
this has been the longstanding policy for subgroups of lugnet.robotics.rcx.

--Todd