 Administrative / NNTP / 1455
Re: Followup-To, ex post facto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:19:59 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Todd Lehman wrote:
I have implemented a web interface feature which allows an news admin* to
apply a slight change to a news article:  If for some reason the 'Followup-To'
header on a post was set incorrectly, or was left empty when it should have
been set, this can now be fixed.  This is for use when a thread is getting out
of hand or is likely to get out of hand, for example the numerous color
arguments.

<snip>

Thanks, Todd, this feature is most welcome.  I've found the upswing in FUT
"corralling" somewhat off-putting (to the point that I've limited my
participation with Lugnet).  Now, hopefully we can spend less time talking about
meta-data and more time talking about the data itself (i.e. LEGO).

Thanks again,

Mark