 Administrative / NNTP / 1397
  Can't connect to NNTP server

G'day, For some reason I am unable to connect to the NNTP server, assuming its address is still lugnet.com (note, I haven't tried using the NNTP server in years). I keep getting the following message from Agent: "Connection refused by server (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  (canceled)

  Re: Can't connect to NNTP server

(...) You mean NNTP? Or "G'day"? ;] Just about since ever for the latter. But it doesn't sound at all like the Auzzie version. It's a contracted "Good Day" but the "day" has a long a-sound, unlike for Auzzies (which is more of a long i-sound, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Deletions (was Re: Can't connect to NNTP server

(...) Well, that's not *precisely* true, I don't believe. First, I don't believe you've EVER been able to do edits of posts here, no matter how they were originated. Only cancels. Second, there is more than one way to do deletions other than issuing (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Deletions (was Re: Can't connect to NNTP server

(...) Cancelations that come from NNTP go through the same authentication process as posts (in fact, in a minor bug, it actually appears like you are being asked to authenticate a posting, when actually you're authenticating a cancelation, if you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Deletions (was Re: Can't connect to NNTP server

(...) Hey, it's the inevitable reply from Lar! :] I guess some things never change, almost like I never left. I can remember when I posted on LUGNET (almost 10% as much as) you. ;] But I notice now your're "++Lar", like "++Todd". Running filters? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp)