 Administrative / NNTP / 1401
Re: Deletions (was Re: Can't connect to NNTP server
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:00:31 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
1 - coming from the same email addy as the one associated with the post is
usually a good approach (2)
2 - these can be spoofed. So cancels are not permanent, they can be undone. If
you, as the author of a post, notice that it's been cancelled and you did not
request that, it's a pretty serious matter. Please let the appropriate people
know about it!

Cancelations that come from NNTP go through the same authentication
process as posts (in fact, in a minor bug, it actually appears like you
are being asked to authenticate a posting, when actually you're
authenticating a cancelation, if you read carefully you will see your
cancelation).

Frank