 Administrative / NNTP / 1298
Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 20:31:18 GMT

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 04:45:41PM +0000, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Dan Boger wrote:
[...] Currently, all the new posts show up as text/x-ftx, and until I tell
mutt that that's plain text (with some noise), it doesn't display it at all.

Hmm...maybe

isn't the right thing to set. I didn't expect it to confuse NNTP
clients...but now that you mention it, it makes sense. If it
instead said

what do you think would be a good header to set in order to signify
the FTX content?

well - it'll display (btw, I got text/x-ftx to display too - mutt
rocks)...  but it won't "signify" anything but a plain text message.
And considering that some of the FTX chars are NOT plain text, it'll be
a lie.  I think the best solution would be to have a FTX to text filter,
(maybe two way?) so that email clients (and NNTP) would really get plain
text, that they can understand.

Dan