 Administrative / NNTP / 1016 (-20)
  ldglite .94 on Mac OS X quirk

I am playing with ldglite on Mac OS X. One question I have for Don is the save path. I opened a file in the models folder. I saved the file and it saved it where I have ldglite located (my home directory). Is this suppose to happen? James (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Missing "New" button

While we wait to find out why there isn't a new button, anyone can post using the "Reply" button. (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

(...) Todd (Admin team), The icon in the web interface to post a new message in lugnet.cad.dev.mac is missing! Matt (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

Two new CAD (Computer Aided Design) software development newsgroups have just been created for the discussion of new CAD software projects. CHARTER/PURPOSE ===...=== -> lugnet.cad.dev.lcd (group): LDraw Connection Database forum: in-depth technical (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Ratio of quoted to original text

Hello Bill, thanks for bringign this up: (...) I, too, see those, and find them annoying. Until now, I thought this is the way the world is, and it is just me who finds those messages hard to read. However, is filtering the right solution? Shouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Ratio of quoted to original text

Dear Admins... Please put in a filter to the NNTP server that rejects articles where the amount of quoted text grossly exceeds the amount of new text. Too many messages are showing up where the entire original message is quoted and only a few lines (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: bionicle in technic

(...) I have to assume you're reading through the web interface, in which case you could jst follow the link that says "View plain (without subgroups)" - and see something like this: (URL) lugnet.admin.nntp (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Benjamin Medinets writes: <huge snip> (...) as it was pointed out by others, that was last years list (from 2000). But please try to trim the quotes - there was no need to quote 2056 lines just to add 2 lines, right? :) Dan (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

(...) I agree. Pictures are pretty. Among other things: they would continuously freshen up the home page; they'd serve as an additional honor for the featured builder; and they invite new visitors inside. Have a look at this earlier idea, halfway (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

(...) This is a separate project. (...) CLSotW is, and always has been, a personal project of Todd Lehman. Any questions or comments about it should be directed at him, outside of this forum. -Suz LUGNET Admin (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

(...) As an aside (or is it related?), is this a signal to the demise of CLSotW? I noticed it was off the home page... not to mention the entirely sporadic updating of it, as of late. Any word on that? -Shiri P.S. If you guys need any assisstance, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) Does this go for E-mail only sending Posts, or Web-based. I do web-based posting, and don't even see my name there....??? :-/ I know I post quite a bit..... Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) Hehe. I wouldn't bet on it Matt, you post a *lot*! But there's nothing wrong with that... even as 8th place you posted a lot less than the top twenty last your, I think (too lazy to check). As someone here pointed out, last year had many (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

there be a section on the main page for this group eventually? (...) This sounds great, but is there any way we could have this newsgroup more prominently featured on the main page? Like, more than just a link, maybe a picture or something to that (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

Finally! It's about time someone got the idea to create the moc.announce newsgroup! Now the main news page of Lugnet isn't littered with MOC announcements, which have the coherent ability to clutter out the actual news, making it seem like the daily (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Geordan Hankinson writes: [...] (...) Yes. In fact, we're working on a LUGNET MOC of the Week feature to display the hot models there. -Suz LUGNET Admin (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Top 1000 noisemakers (was: Re: Posting frequency?)

(...) Yow. I've been missing for six months and I'm _still_ on this list? The rest of y'all are all slack! :) -JDF [As much testing to see if I've got posting set up right on this box as I am making fun of y'all's slack. :) ] (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

Same here, thanks Todd. jt (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

Thanks. This was certainly needed. I have often used .announce to mention new creations, but will now respectfully use .announce.moc eric (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: New newsgroup for MOC announcements

snip Hey cool, I always felt a little uncomfortable posting my MoC's in .announce, but I never got flagged for it, so I kept doing it. -grins devilishly- :-D Will there be a section on the main page for this group eventually? Thanks Todd, -Geordan- (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact