 Administrative / NNTP / 1012
Re: Ratio of quoted to original text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 22:53:05 GMT

Hello Bill,

thanks for bringign this up:

articles where the amount of quoted text grossly exceeds
the amount of new text.

I, too, see those, and find them annoying. Until now, I thought this is the
way the world is, and it is just me who finds those messages hard to read.

However, is filtering the right solution? Shouldn't we try to /encourage/ a
more sensible quoting style, before we /enforce it technically/?

For a prime example look at some of the messages in the
"Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you
think there  is a market)" thread on admin.general.

True :-/

I have to admit that the contents of this thread seem to contradict me, by
indicating that encouraging does not always work very well ...

:wq

Horst