 Administrative / General / 9771
Re: The Scott and Larry Show: Call for a Series Finale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:01:19 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message

I have not read them all. But I have not been the only culprit here. Read
the thread which started this up to the point where Larry committed fraud.
Then come back and tell be who the bad guy is.

I had already read that thread, and I've developed the opinion that both of
you were at fault.  In the spirit of letting -that- debate die, I won't
elaborate though, in this group, or in .debate.  (that means I won't
elaborate, even if you ask me questions about my view)

You have to understand that 20-30 posts were made on this issue while I • was
away from my PC. Some of those posts actually increase the breadth of the
debate. Are you saying that I should not be given the chance to reply
because I do not post here 24/7?

You do have a valid point here.  But, I, along with the handful of others
who expressed their tiredness with the whole thing, have a valid point as
well.

I am not getting at the specific debate of the LP newsletter, I'm getting at
the history of the Scott and Larry show.  Why do you refuse to let it die?
(don't answer that, just think about it).

Scott should be given a stern warning and 24 hours to straighten up his • act,
or face banishment from off-topic.debate and be prohibited from • responding
to anything Larry posts.

I have broken no rules here. None. If I have, I will apologise.

No rules, no.  But in my view (and in the view of others) you are harming
the spirit of community here.  I think its the duty of the people who care
about the community to stand up and say 'enough.'

Scott is obviously more culpable than Larry in
these arguments

That is not my view.

For clarification, I was not referring to the LP newsletter debate here.  I
was referring to the whole S&L Show over the course of LUGNET history.

(though they'reboth at fault), Scott refuses to acknowledge
the call by members to stop this,

I do not agree.

So will you stop it?  (again, don't answer that, just think about it, and
show us by your actions)

I *do* show restraint. I refuse to bicker outside OTD with him. He would
like me to, but I just will not do it. Take a look at who else bickers • with
me. nobody. Take a look at all the people Larry winds up. can you count • them
without taking your socks off?

I definitely draw a distinction between your and Larry's bickering and Larry
rubbing others the wrong way.  More often than not, Lar will rub a person
the wrong way, there'll be a short debate, and then it dies.  With you and
him, the same old bickering drags on and on and on.  Lar is no saint in my
book, I don't like some of the ways he interacts with others, but that is
not the issue at stake here.

I read a lot of the debates, but don't participate often.  I do it mostly to
learn, and partly to have something to read.  Over the course of the Scott
and Larry show, though, I feel I've observed a fair slice and had a chance
to develop a well informed opinion on who is more to blame.  Not that both
aren't to blame, but the blame is not distributed evenly.

And at that, I will stop arguing with you online over this issue.  I care
about the development of the community immensely.  This is why I am making
my stance known to all about your kiddie fights.  Now that I have made it
known, I have nothing else to say on this matter.  I certainly hope you will
find it within you to act upon what I have said and what others have said
regarding this.

-Tim