 Administrative / General / 9767
Re: The Scott and Larry Show: Call for a Series Finale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:49:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Admins, please, this has to stop.  Despite the expressions of disgust over
Scott and Larry's mudslinging from many Lugnetters, they continue it with no
regard.  Just today Scott posts 9 more responses to Larry's posts, all in a
short period of time.

Check the posting times.

Do you seriously think I should let Larry level all sort of spurious
allegations against me? Really?

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14913
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14911
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14909
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14908
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14907
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14906
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14905
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14904
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14901

Scott needs to be restrained.  He has proven he can learn nothing from the
complaints of his fellow Lugnetters.  Here are those complaints:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14899
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14898
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14896
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14890
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14889
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14888
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14892
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14885

And all such comments were from regulars, regulars who are highly regarded
in the LUGNET community.

I have not read them all. But I have not been the only culprit here. Read
the thread which started this up to the point where Larry committed fraud.
Then come back and tell be who the bad guy is.

You have to understand that 20-30 posts were made on this issue while I was
away from my PC. Some of those posts actually increase the breadth of the
debate. Are you saying that I should not be given the chance to reply
because I do not post here 24/7?

While Scott shows no regard to the call to stop the madness, Larry argues
with the people calling it to stop:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14891
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14893
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14897

What do I think should be done?  Here's my opinion.

Scott should be given a stern warning and 24 hours to straighten up his act,
or face banishment from off-topic.debate and be prohibited from responding
to anything Larry posts.

I have broken no rules here. None. If I have, I will apologise.

Scott is obviously more culpable than Larry in
these arguments

That is not my view.

(though they'reboth at fault), Scott refuses to acknowledge
the call by members to stop this,

I do not agree.

though Larry at least acknowledges it and
replies with his usually sound reasoning.

Larry needs to be asked to show restraint with Scott, it should be strongly
recommended that Larry not reply to anything Scott posts.  If Larry
continues bickering, he should receive the stern warning Scott should get up
front, given the 24hr notice, and if he doesn't comply face banishment from
off-topic.debate.

There should be some probationary period set in place for either Scott or
both of them, which is designed to review their actions over a period of
time.  Privileges should be able to be reinstated.

--

The above is just my opinion, and I know its probably not bulletproof.  But,
its a start.  I know this: SOMETHING needs to be done.  Scott will show no

I *do* show restraint. I refuse to bicker outside OTD with him. He would
like me to, but I just will not do it. Take a look at who else bickers with
me… nobody. Take a look at all the people Larry winds up… can you count them
without taking your socks off?

Larry's right, Scott is of the MM type, but at the same time, Larry is a big
contributor to the problem here.

I am the SA type. :)

Scott A

-Tim