 Administrative / General / 9700 (-20)
  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) I think this would be groovy, and I've got my own 0.02USD to toss in... 1. Choose a new newsgroup name carefully. My newsreader (Forte Agent) sorts my list of subscribed groups alphabetically. So "lugnet.spotlight" would get buried in the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) yah, just like that! :) now, we all have to wait two more years before anyone mentions this again! *grin* Dan (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) Perhaps something like this? (URL) article is nearly two years old! Fredrik (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) yet (...) a (...) interesting idea... something like the server statistics, posting once a day to a group, listing the top stories? I think I like it :) Dan (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

(...) This just sparked an idea... As an nntp user, the sportlights are almost invisible to me. Would it be possible to autogenerate a crosspost of some sort when a post makes the spotlight list? Just something to mull over... (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: New LUGNET Admins

(...) Thanks for proving my point for me, David. People use the database all the time, some more than others, but it still gets used. It's just less useful to me now that I've cataloged roughly 98% of my collection. -Dave (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGNET Admins

(...) OMG, don't even say that! I'm using it so much it's hard to imagine what it'll be like without it! (...) Yep. (...) - David (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

Heh! I agree with both of you guys! BTW Larry, who made you LUGNET's policeman? You just wish you had as much creativity and talent as Eric. :-P (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: I miss the old LUGNET...

I agree with everything said here Eric, (...) Truth be told, I only saw this recently, a few weeks ago, I meant to pass on my congrats through e-mail but forgot completely, sorry. :-( (...) Amen! when I was just getting started with showing off my (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New LUGNET Admins

(...) Actually, Kevin, I do remember...and thanks! The scans were incredibly useful to me at one time, as I'm sure they are useful to others now. I do check them from time to time, as I haven't memorized them yet. :) They were most useful in (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGNET Admins

(...) Of course I do. It would be nice to see scans for certain UFO sets that weren't there last time I checked. Personally, I don't care about new instructions. I care about new inventories. Printing complete sets of new instructions is a no- no. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGNET Admins

(...) Presumably you're clear on WHY Brickshelf doesn't go right to the very newest set and support that position, right? Someone asked that the very newest Harry Potter set instructions for Hogwart's Castle be scanned. Rather thoughtless of that (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New LUGNET Admins

(...) Do you remember what it was like before the scan archive? If it's really not all that useful anymore I could take it down and save a few Mbit/s :) Seriously, the instructions and set inventories have very little functional overlap. Those (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A little function I would like to see.

(...) LUGNET's address (in Belmont, MA) will discontinue in a few weeks. -Suz (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A little function I would like to see.

(...) Nah -- I'm a cold hearted mercenary, who'd do and say anything to pay the bills! :-, But I left Novell a little over a year ago. I didn't like the new direction they were going (hint: it involved laying off my wife, who was perpetually (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A little function I would like to see.

(...) (Mine is actually stable for at least another 10 months.) (...) paypal@lugnet.com (...) I would think of looking there too, now that you mention it. I'm not sure it really belongs there, however, because the sign-up process involves filling (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A little function I would like to see.

(...) <fun> What? Sproat! I thought you were a cold hearted Novell junkie like me - no open source anything! You want to know? Cough up some cash! not like Dan and all his "it's free, and i made a change and they implimented it" software :) </fun> (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A little function I would like to see.

(...) Sometimes trying is a good approach. Try this one if you're so inclined: suz@baseplate.com which seems to be a valid addy for PayPal. (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: A little function I would like to see.

(...) Which reminds me to ask what the current PayPal address is, if you don't mind my asking (it's not on the "become a member" page which was where I thought to look)... (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact