 Administrative / General / 9683
Re: A little function I would like to see.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 05:10:12 GMT

Either that or maybe an enhancement tracker would be nice to have.

This would be really keen and everything, but it really depends on two
things:  the capability of the maintainers to make new features to LUGNET;
and the desire of the maintainers to implement and monitor an enhancement
tracker.  Personally, I think it would rock if the source for LUGNET were
opened and maintaining the site would truly become a communal effort, but
that's really just a perfect-world scenario...

<fun>
What?  Sproat!  I thought you were a cold hearted Novell junkie like me
- no open source anything!  You want to know? Cough up some cash!  not
like Dan and all his "it's free, and i made a change and they
implimented it" software :)
</fun>

Which kinda raises another issue:  how are LUGNET funds doing?  With the
addition of more personnel, is there a relevant increase in expeditures?
Should we all contribute a bit more to accomodate?

<serious>
I don't believe these were paid positions we accepted. :)  However,
LUGNET could always use funds to keep it running and improving.
</serious>

JLB