 Administrative / General / 9490 (-10)
  Lazy web posting

Maybe this already exists, but I'd like to be even more lazy when posting using the web interface. Currently, I always get the "Before you post" page, to which I respond "Yes", then I get the message composition page, where I check a box again (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Posting Frequency, was Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

(...) I haven't been posting as much lately due to the increased noise in the group. It's getting better, but there has been a lot of non-space related posting going on. I usually just post via the web and stay logged on. No problems with (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

(...) Yep. Basically the authentication thingy has cut way down on the number of "make a 'gee that's a nice MOC' comment" posts that I make. Now, I generally don't post unless I feel like I have something important (?) enough to say that it (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

(...) This too crossed my mind, however - 1) i'm far too lazy to go look 2) my apathy is great. :) I would be inclined to say that it's more of a global slump - I would hope that people who thought strongly enough about the issue would have (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

(...) Yep. That. I switched over to Web posting while in Europe; I stayed on it now that I'm back, even though I'm not on the T3 pipe (droooool) anymore. (...) I'd have to agree with Jennifer--although maybe it does make the difference when talking (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

(...) "And then I realized that not making sense not to, the message posting could not not NOT make sense, so I didn't not post it." :) Sorry, just being...goofy. I wouldn't have posted this message, but... (...) I think it has a lot more to do with (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

(...) This has been proposed before - however, authuntication is not so much about protecting the users, it's more about protecting the community. Even if you don't care that someone is posting in your name, when that allows people who have been (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs

Maybe there could be some kind of user preference thing where you choose whether you want to authenticate messages or something? Though I don't know much about the Usenet network, so I really don't know how difficult it'd be to program that... (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting frequency...

well, 2 things 1) we have to trust Todd that if the auth hurts the site, he'll remove it. If it drives away posts then its not worth having, merely because someone once forged a few messages. (so what anyway? its ez enough to find out that they are (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting frequency...

(...) I believe that people have looked through here: (URL) found that there hasn't been any drop in posting frequency. I've not graphed it out myself or anything. Besides... hasn't this been in place since... oh... May or June or something? I (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact