 Administrative / General / 9482
Re: Posting frequency...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:19:47 GMT

well,
2 things

1) we have to trust Todd that if the auth hurts the site, he'll remove it.
If it drives away posts then its not worth having, merely because someone
once forged a few messages. (so what anyway? its ez enough to find out
that they are fake, jus check w/ the supposed sender)

2) there could be any number of reasons for my perceptions, and it would
take too much time/energy to attempt to figger them all out

imho
-paul

In lugnet.admin.general, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
Oh yeah, good point, I forgot about summer and vacationing being a factor,
but I still think that there has been a slight decrease in posting frequency
due to the authentication, we'll just have to wait a while and see what
happens I geuss.

I believe that people have looked through here:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/statistics

and found that there hasn't been any drop in posting frequency. I've not
graphed it out myself or anything.  Besides... hasn't this been in place
since... oh... May or June or something?  I really think it's here to stay...
guess we'd better get used to it. :)