 Administrative / General / 9479
Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - new MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:12:52 GMT

In lugnet.space, Geordan Hankinson writes:
I've noticed this alot too, I've noticed that alot of people have slowed
down or even stopped replying to other's creation's probably due to the fact
of the authentication. Some people probably figure 'why should I waste the
extra time replying to someone else's model when I don't need to?' This
attitude is probably strengthened due to the extra time it takes to
authenticate the message,

AFAIK there has not been a drop in traffic, at least, not a significant one.
I think that we also need to keep in mind that it's summer (at least here
in the US) and a lot of people are taking vacations... and that not everyone
uses the SMTP or NNTP posting method.

Honestly, if someone says "why should i waste the extra time replying", i'm
not sure they were ever going to post to begin with, authentication or not.

jmho.

ps: i like it, i don't know if i'm posting more or less, because it's really
not any inconvenience to me... and yes, i use the SMTP method, not web. (this
time excluded)