 Administrative / General / 9275 (-20)
  Wishlist/WIBNI department

Certain groups get large threads... Right now the thread display is all or nothing. When the thread gets over a certain size (I think it is 100) you get this instead of the thread tree: 166 Messages in This Thread: (Inline display suppressed due to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Hehe, now that you mention it, that is kinda funny. And then Yahoo is used to schedule IRC meetngs... ;] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) lol, go John... Josh (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) lol You mean he is using *LUGNet* to use Yahoo to find people;-) Maybe you're right; wasn't my impression, though. -John (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Maybe I misunderstood his intentions, but I gathered that his intention was to form a physical club in the corporeal <sp?> world. But to get there he is finding people by using Yahoo. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Scheduled downtime Wednesday, June 13 a.m.

Really? I never noticed! Your good! Wanna new job? Never mind were laying people off left and right. Again, your good! :) -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:GEw1qG.7zn@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Problem (was Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!)

(...) Ross, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  The Problem (was Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!)

(...) Todd, (et al) I'm worried about a technical solution to authentication problem. In fact, I'm a bit worried about whether we're solving the right problem at all. To me it seems the problem is not enforcing a ban on individuals, it's more a case (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Todd, can I have my password.

I cant log in without my password and i lost the slip of paper that had the password on it. Please email it to me!!!...!!! Rick (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Skip Filter Settings

(...) Sounds great Todd. I should have known you were already toying with it... Thanks. -Duane (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Skip Filter Settings

(...) Well, the skip-filter feature is really for blanket-masking of large numbers of groups rather than a case-by-case subscription feature, which is why it's text-based (pattern matching in this case), and a special advantage of that approach is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Scheduled downtime Wednesday, June 13 a.m.

(...) This occurred this morning. Downtime of the webserver and newsserver was approximately 14 minutes, beginning at approximately 10:16 EST and ending approximately 10:30. -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Skip Filter Settings

Todd, Would you be able to simplify the skip filter settings screen when you get a chance? I was wondering if you could go with a check box or radio button next to the groups that you would/wouldn't like to subscribe to. Although the current method (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!

(...) I'm still here, and I'm working to resolve the issue. Clearly we need a workable mechanism for authenticating email addresses. I've got some ideas and have spoken with people off-line about these. It won't be pretty. I've been generally quiet (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Scheduled downtime Wednesday, June 13 a.m.

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line briefly tomorrow morning for routine maintenance as it is moved a different server rack. The outage should last about an hour. -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I guess I'm not really looking for an argument here, but just to point out that we *already* have "multiple groups on different things" right here on LUGNet-- that's kinda the whole point of the LUGNet NGs, isn't it (as opposed to 1 noisy (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!

Unless I am missing something, I am starting to think Todd has been quiet on this for too long. Is there some sort of plan to exclude or bring Matthew back for good? Clearly the current state of affairs cannot continue indefinitely without doing (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Katie, I love your style! It's good to know that someone supports my effort, and yes, tere is no such thing as too many places to talk about our beloved LEGO®. Harvey Henkelman-Certified Ferroequinologist LUGNET member #400 Founder, ELTC (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Harvey, I don't see a problem with ELTC! In fact I already joined. What's wrong with having multiple groups on different things? I belong to so many different groups. Some are list serves, some are Yahoo groups, some are Smart groups. And no (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact