 Administrative / General / 9261
Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:19:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Unless I am missing something, I am starting to think Todd has been quiet on
this for too long. Is there some sort of plan to exclude or bring Matthew
back for good? Clearly the current state of affairs cannot continue
indefinitely without doing further harm to us a group.

I'm still here, and I'm working to resolve the issue.  Clearly we need a
workable mechanism for authenticating email addresses.  I've got some ideas
and have spoken with people off-line about these.  It won't be pretty.

I've been generally quiet because I disabled my own posting privileges a
couple weeks ago (so that messages could no longer be spoofed with my name)
and because I recently moved into a new place.  I'm posting this message
(and the previous one) a special way.  More later.

--
Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com>