 Administrative / General / 9046
Re: I'm sorry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
I'm sorry if anyone took my joke the wrong way. I assure you all, it was
really intended to be in good fun.  I know it was a breach in protocol to
post to .announce and to start it a week early. I was hoping it would slowly
get around to people, and that we could all share a laugh at the end of the
week.

I had no idea people would be offended by this and turn it into yet another
500 post rant. For that, I truly am sorry.

I wasn't particularly offended by it, but it did bother me, for a couple of
reasons.

The first being "What the (heck) is this doing in my e-mail?"...like a lot
of people, I subscribe to .announce by e-mail; unlike many of those, I read
a lot of Lugnet daily, and my initial reaction was stunning disbelief (as
in, no way is someone who still calls himself "Muffinhead" going out the
door).  However, there are a lot of people who subscribe to .announce that
aren't necessarily familiar with Lugnet personalities

The second is that April Fool's jokes that aren't on April Fool's bug the
crap out of me.  Time & place, folks.  There's a certain amount of leeway
granted on April 1, but it's not a week-long event.  You'd be pretty cheezed
if someone egged your house because you didn't have any candy for them on
October 27th, neh?  Would your boss be amused if you took the labour day
weekend all week?

But all that ranting aside, it didn't bother me too much - probably because
I'm familiar with posting personalities, and just can't imagine someone
called "Muffinhead" dumping the very toy that gave him the moniker.  Other
people might not have that advantage. (It is an advantage, right?  Right? ;)

James