 Administrative / General / 8832
  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

All in all, what does it really matter???? I mean, they made a SPECIAL effort to offer these sets to US FIRST - they could have easily ignored us alltogether, but no - They gave us first shot. I would definitely say this belongs in all of the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) There are specific guidelines set up on the newsgroups to keep things orderly. If people posted anywhere they liked, things would get rather messy and confusing. When I was a newbie, I posted an auction announcement to .space, and people (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) For us AFOLs, it was an incredibly nice thing to do. And for LD, it's a nice way to gather a data point on our buying power. It's a win-win. But... (...) Actually, it doesn't really belong in the main .announce group -- it was an unsolicited (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

mfuss903 wrote in message ... <a great deal of stuff...> Just to clarify, my message asking whether Jake's post was appropriate in .announce was directed ONLY to lugnet.admin.general, not to lego.direct, and the admin posts don't appear on the main (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) ... (...) Mark S., I thought it was OK as long as the X-Real-Life-Name identifies you. If I look at the full headers for his post, I see: X-Real-Life-Name: Mark Papenfuss /Eric McC/ (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6769 Fort Legoredo on sale at Shop At Home!!

(...) My mistake. It didn't show up on my newsreader, but it shows on the web interface. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.lego.direct)