 Administrative / General / 8828
Re: Todd, can you explain the search function again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:22:53 GMT

You should get this:
  http://news.lugnet.com/?q=brad+justus+%3C10+%3E10

Well, from the main Lugnet news page I got:
    http://news.lugnet.com/?q=brad+justus+%3C10%3E10

There's also this, which isn't linked in yet:
  http://www.lugnet.com/help/search/news/

It's bookmarked now -- many thanks, Todd.

I know the previous search was suspected of causing you system-wide problems
but the cool thing about it was being able to search for posts made by
particular individuals and getting back those individual's more recent posts
near the top of the returned result set.  That was hella cool!  And I
*REALLY* wish we could get something like that back again without causing
you the other hassles at the same time. I'll cross my fingers, but not hold
my breath (recognizing that you have a life and other probably more pressing
matters). Please, keep in mind the idea of an author search of some kind if
you ever get back to fiddling with the search function again.

I appreciate your speedy reply, BTW.

-- Richard