 Administrative / General / 8827
Re: Block List?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:06:32 GMT

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:G8K59x.LF3@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Todd -
I know this has come up before...but could there be a way to block posters
from appearing on the web interface similar to posts from newsgroups?  You
could either hook it up to the x-real-life-name or email address header
items, and do a similar thing on a page:

-first last, -first last, etc... for people you don't want to see messages
from.

LMK..this would be a nice feature.

This again, huh?  :-)

Well I finally blocked a very annoying poster on my newsreader, and would like
to do that on the web too.

Ya, I think there could be a way to do that.  But I'd roll it in with a more
general filter, where you ask the webserver to bump messages up or down in
priority based on various criteria.  I've been thinking a lot about stream-
lining the way articles are displayed.

Cool... can we talk tomorrow about this at BC?

-Tim