 Administrative / General / 8757
Re: Set list woes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 05:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, James Brown writes:
[...]
I'll occaisionally copy Todd on my reply.  Query: Todd, how *should* we deal
with these kinds of requests if we get them?  Ignore them, reply, reply and
copy you, forward to you without replying, something else?

I would say don't ignore them if they annoy you.  Instead, reply back and let
the person know that you're annoyed.  Also bcc me if you like -- that way I
get a sense for how much it's happening.

I think it's becoming more and more likely that the viewing of the "own" lists
are going to need to be restricted somehow.  (Suggestions?)  I keep hearing of
cases where someone annoying little grunt with some unrecognizable aol or
hotmail address writes someone and badgers them.

--Todd