 Administrative / General / 8749
Re: Lego for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:54:05 GMT

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message
news:G7wBn4.6qG@lugnet.com...

I have a real problem with the buy/sell/trade section. It's full of people
not stating their country of origin.  I could spend all day querying ones
that took my interest, and get nowhere.  The majority of users are • American,
leading to high (if not prohibitive) postage costs to the UK, long • delivery
times, and the additional hassle of foreign currency - and that's if • they're
willing to mail internationally (though to be fair, most are at a price).
Plus, I'm more likely to trust someone I've probably met (or passed) • already
at a fest.  I know there are some users who are quite happy with
international deals, but I prefer to keep it simple.

Honestly, what proportion of UK users actually browse that section?  And
have you ever tried using a web search engine for UK sites selling LEGO?

I've also been contacted by several people with lists of swaps on the
Internet.  Unfortunately, there's no obvious way for anyone else to find • or
link to their sites.  I'm planning to do something about this when I
re-design my own website, but for now I would suggest not to worry about
posting ads in this group.

Of course, someone else might disagree.  Then several argument threads • will
go on for a bit, and the original sale ads will get lost in the pages of
lugnet/loc/uk history...

We went through this discussion a few months back.

I asked for a lugnet.loc.uk.buy-sell-trade, or
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade.uk, or something similar to be set up.
But dispite the disussions it never seemed to get resolved?

Any chance now? (Todd are you watching?)

If we cant get one set up on lugnet, it is very easy to set one up of our
own using http://groups.yahoo.com/ or similar.
I love using lugnet, but at the same time, cant see why we couldnt have a
facility of our own in the UK if we want to. I would happily set it up.
Costs nothing but a little time.

regards
lawrence