 Administrative / General / 8718
  Set list woes...

I have noticed I seem to be getting more and more requests (and even sometimes demands!) from people reading my set lists on my member page to sell them sets that are clearly listed as ones I own and not ones I am willing to trade. Are other people (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

"Christopher Tracey" <ctracey@envirolink.org> wrote in message news:3A6CAC91.C9CBC5...ink.org... (...) demands!) from people reading my set lists on my member page to sell (...) trade. (...) done about it? Should I even care? (...) I haven't (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

(...) I've gotten requests (no demands, so far) several times... I think it's because I'm the first (or close to the first) listed for most sets I'm in. I generally reply with about the same level of politeness as they gave me, and tell them I'm not (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

(...) I have received two inquiries. The first was of the "can you help me find this?" and the second added to that "can I buy one of yours?" (I am paraphrasing.) I commiserated with the first (pneumatic tubing) pointed out that Shop At Home existed (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

(...) I haven't gotten any demands or requests about selling a set, but I have gotten some fairly weird requests about instructions, etc. I view it as being part and parcel with choosing to publicly display the sets you have- it's a choice you make, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

Thanks to all who replied. I've been in the process of moving some my sets over to the private list for the past few weeks. It's frustrating because many of the messages were just downright rude, not even a signature or anything. Oh well, -chris (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

(...) I would say don't ignore them if they annoy you. Instead, reply back and let the person know that you're annoyed. Also bcc me if you like -- that way I get a sense for how much it's happening. I think it's becoming more and more likely that (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

Yes i have had offers to buy sets i wanted to buy, (picked up a 8880 Mint at a good price) and other requests, instructions etc. I was quite happy to help them out. I don't mind it is all part of being in the Public Eye i suppose. They were all most (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Set list woes...

(...) to (...) violation (...) Durn. Got my third solicitation this week. Was lazy and just deleted the e-mail. Constantine (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.general)