 Administrative / General / 8456
Re: Error in Hash Database again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:50:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
Todd,

Is this why there are posts from Dec 8th mixed in with today's posts?

I was just popping over here to report that!

http://news.lugnet.com/?n=*198969,-20&v=b

for example, is currently showing this post as 21 minutes old
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?n=5263

and the very next post in its list is shown as 24 minutes old
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/wamalug/?n=654

yet is from yesterday...

I think this can happen when a post sits in the sender's outbox (perhaps
because they are offline) for a while before it is posted - I am pretty sure
it is listed by sent date, but the age is based on when it reaches LUGNET.

Does that make sense?

Scott A