 Administrative / General / 8459
Re: Error in Hash Database again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 02:55:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

I think this can happen when a post sits in the sender's outbox (perhaps
because they are offline) for a while before it is posted - I am pretty sure
it is listed by sent date, but the age is based on when it reaches LUGNET.

Does that make sense?

Indeed it does, and perhaps that is what it was. But I could swear I saw the
very post that was mixed in there long long ago (on the 10th) and then it
reappeared out of order. But it could have been a dup that got stuck
somewhere and just now made it...

SOMETHING is screwy though. And as I said last time, the frequency of
incidents seems to be on the increase and it worries me. Maybe needlessly.

It's in my circle of concern but outside my circle of influence so Covey
suggests not to let it worry me but it does.

++Lar