 Administrative / General / 8460
Re: Error in Hash Database again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:15:09 GMT

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 02:55:44AM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Indeed it does, and perhaps that is what it was. But I could swear I saw the
very post that was mixed in there long long ago (on the 10th) and then it
reappeared out of order. But it could have been a dup that got stuck
somewhere and just now made it...

well, since the error was a non-fatal one (if I recall correctly) the
message will not bounce right away, but will try to resend for a while...
If sendmail was refusing connections for, say, 4 hours, some messages might
be delayed up to 8 hours (with the default settings) before getting
through.  while messages sent right after the problem was fixed will get
through right away.

SOMETHING is screwy though. And as I said last time, the frequency of
incidents seems to be on the increase and it worries me. Maybe needlessly.

perhaps if lugnet had a secondary MX record, at least the mail will never
bounce...  Looking up in DNS, I noticed there is none.  Todd - if you're
interested, I could host a secondary, forwarding MX on one of our exodus
servers...  that should be fairly reliable...  Just let me know :)

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:1886_1>:  Star Wars Bucket (LEGO/SYSTEM/Star Wars/Unreleased), '99, Unknown figs