 Administrative / General / 84
83  |  85
Subject:
Unix shell script for accessing multiple NNTP servers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 01:40:25 GMT

This (below) isn't the world's greatest sh script or anything but it's
something I just whipped together for reading these ng's via trn at
visi.com...  There are two main things the script has to do:

1) Maintain multiple copies of .newsrc
2) Set environment variable appropriately before launching trn

---------------------------begin file rnl------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

cd $HOME
mv .newsrc .newsrc-visi
mv .newsrc-lugnet .newsrc

NNTPSERVER=lugnet.com
NNTPPORT=119
export NNTPSERVER
export NNTPPORT

trn -x -X

mv .newsrc .newsrc-lugnet
mv .newsrc-visi .newsrc

Anyone know a better, cleaner way to accomplish the same effect?  (For one
thing, the script above doesn't handle HUP signals and stuff like that.)

Looks like Pine has built-in support for handling multiple newsservers.

--Todd