 Administrative / General / 8311
Re: Server freakage today
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:12:38 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Well, there it is.  If you've gotten this far, I'm curious -- did anyone
notice today if they accidentally typed in a URL by hand and got it wrong?
Something like

   http://[anything].lugnet.com/[anything]//

That is, basically, a .lugnet.com URL with two or more slashes on the end...?

Two or more slashes - well, I find it annoying that I have to type any slash at all!
If I type "news.lugnet.com/cad/dev" I get the answer:
  Oops!
  The page you requested does not exist:
  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev
  However, a similarly named page does exist:
  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/
What is the idea?
/Lars