 Administrative / General / 8312
8311  |  8313
Subject:
Error in hash database?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:05:06 GMT

Todd, I tried to post using e-mail twice this morning, but the messages
never arrived at Lugnet, nor did I get an error message from Lugnet.  Just a
few minutes ago I recieved the following message, and thought you may want
to hear about it.

-Andy Lynch

-----Message follows-----

    **      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
    **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **

The original message was received at Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:45:15 -0500
from fw.meridianhealth.com [205.231.238.254]

   ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
<lugnet.org.us.gardenslug@lugnet.com>
<lugnet.general@lugnet.com>

... while talking to lugnet.com.:
MAIL From:<andy@andyandjackie.com> SIZE=2944
<<< 451 Cannot open hash database /etc/aliases.db: Inappropriate file type
or format
<lugnet.org.us.gardenslug@lugnet.com>,<lugnet.general@lugnet.com>...
Deferred: 451 Cannot open hash database /etc/aliases.db: Inappropriate file
type or format
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old