 Administrative / General / 8274
Re: Selecting top stories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 14:03:28 GMT

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 01:55:09PM +0000, Steve Bliss wrote:
Maybe if it was possible to rate a message at the same time as you reply to
it, more people would take part in the ratings?

I think that's a great idea.... in the web interface, add the vote pulldown
menu to it, so you can vote with the same "POST" request...  for email
and NNTP (which currently can't vote, and can't even see the votes),
allow either a custom header (which isn't really usable to most people),
or putting something like '[-- vote: spotlight --]'  in the message, and
make sure that line is filtered out before the message actually gets posted.

isn't this doable?

:)

--
Dan Boger / dan@peeron.com / www.peeron.com / ICQ: 1130750
<set:9054_1>:  DUPLO Basic Trains (DACTA/DUPLO), -'88