 Administrative / General / 8225
  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

(...) Yes. Well. In name only(?). The last time I can remember it mentioned, we could not agreee on what "UK" meant. (...) Yes, this pretty much happens already. It is just noise though really. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

(...) Lets work it out now then. Basically there were 2 options, basically whether to include Northern Ireland or not. I now agree that UKLUG should be the same area as lugnet.loc.uk - for standardization issues. (...) Basically it appears we can't (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

(...) It's pretty easy to set up cross-reference links on the entry pages to the groups. (...) Name components in the .loc hierarchy are abbreviations for localities, for example, .loc.us.ma.bos stands for United States, Massachusetts, Boston, and (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

"Carbon 60" <carbon60@bigfoot.com> ha scritto: (...) etc. Actually we don't. We are happy with our current organization of newsgroups: loc.it for the discussions in Italian, and org.it.itlug for everything very specific to ITLUG (events, j-box, (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G39Hrp.2Au@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) and (...) .loc.uk.market (...) Todd, I asked how we ask for this newsgroup originally. I am not hung up on what we call it. I would just like a (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

(...) It seems to me that if you want to put it in buy-sell-trade start the post with "UK only" (or the title) and then you can see it in the brief lists or do a search in BST for UK and it would come up. I do understand Todd's point. He wants to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

Wouldn't the simplest thing to have be "lugnet.market.loc..."? (with .uk under that) There isn't one already, and I haven't read any arguments that would indicate that that would go against any design criteria. Or am I missing something? Phil. PS: (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

(...) I just remember it being discussed in the past: (URL) 60 (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: How do we ask for a new newsgroup to be set up?

(...) That's all very easy when you are using a web browser but what about those using NNTP? Many people in the UK will be using NNTP because you can download and read offline because of pay by the minute access. (...) Well it's not just a UK (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.uk)