 Administrative / General / 6128
Re: Regarding bulk orders: a proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:29:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Randy Anchikoski writes:
I was hoping, via my idea, to help us get a broad feeling of what people are
going to be asking for.  The end result could easily be output in an
organize fashion and posted in a LUGNET NG.  I do this kind stuff for the
learning potential (being uneducated in any way with relation to computers),
so it's 'fun' with the hope of being a help.

Ah yes, a posted periodic summary might help Brad.

Suggest posting a message to .lego.direct asking Brad if it would help
him or not help him.  (Or write to him at his published address
legodirect@lego.com and ask.)

Only Brad knows what would help him.

I am wondering if TLG will actually have an online repository showing a
'live' count.  So if I want 100 transparent macaroni bricks but they will
only produce 10000, where is the count currently at?  Might save them a ton
of calls.  I'm just guessing (and dreaming), though.

My understanding is that LEGO Direct will take orders and money prior to
actually making production runs of parts, and then will run the production
and ship the parts.  I haven't heard anything yet that indicates that they
would keep parts in stock, although they may decide to -- who knows...

--Todd